Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Top Ten Albums of 2011 from Indielimerick

Another year down and what a year for great gigs it was, 21 gigs reviewed for indielimerick. Gig of the year goes to Ryan Adams live at Glasgow back in June, An amazing night of 27 songs from my favourite artist. Review here.

Indielimerick is 5 years old this year and I finally brought out a compilation album of limerick acts/bands. The Charity album was great fun putting together and I am absolutely delighted with the response it has been getting.
The New Reindeer Age was limited to 500 copies and a few are still left and are currently on sale around Limerick and also online here. (Shops stocking the album : Limerick Self Storage, Learning Hub Limerick, Beats Working Foxes Bow, Dolans Warehouse and the Curragower Pub.)
The album features on my top ten albums for 2011, yes I'm extremely biased but the album has a seriously good tracklist, If you get a chance pop out and buy a copy! more info here.

The list of albums below are in no particular order as always. They are just albums I have kept going back to over the year. Hope you all have a great Christmas and a great 2012, Thanks for reading throughout the year.
Ryan Adams - Ashes & Fire
 
Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
 
The New Reindeer Age
 
Radiohead - The King of Limbs

 
Lisa Hannigan - Passenger

Fionn Regan - 100 Acres of Sycamore
 
The Hot Sprockets - Honey Skippin
 
Fred - Leaving My Empire
 
Bellx1 - Bloodless Coup
 
Wilco - The Whole Love
 
Notable Mentions to these gems :
Jonathan Wilson - Gentle Spirit, Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues, Laura Marling - A Creature I Don't Know, Bon Iver - Bon Iver, The Decemberists - The King is Dead, Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters –The Devil In Music, Okkervil River - I Am Very Far

No comments: