Thursday, October 16, 2008

Slane Castle to host the gig of 2009!

The 1500 acre estate is going to play host to 80,000 fans and Oasis in 8 months time. On the 20th of June the history laden music venue will enthral Irish fans once more. I am overjoyed that the band are playing there and I will join the scramble next Friday for tickets. I was in Slane 7 years ago to watch U2 take the place by storm and I am determined to go back. I started this year pointing out my list of bands i must see before i die (http://indielimerick.blogspot.com/2008/06/bands-you-must-see-before-you-die.html) I have already ticked off four in the past 12 months and now Oasis shall be my fifth to strike off. So many years of Oasis coming to Ireland, but I was either too young or broke so now is my opportunity. I hope to expect the classic sing-alongs, new material and classic anthem ending. Live music is what Oasis do best and i want to witness first hand. Looking forward to seeing what support act will be announced. Ryan Adams would be unreal seeing as he is supporting them at the moment, but they are not really a stadium band. My gut says indie English bands, Kasbian, Coral types. Cant wait Lord Henry Mountcharles, you have come up trumps again, cheers! Oasis Confirming the Date at Slane

1 comment:

IndieLimerick said...

For those at RAA http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3BMMZ56D