Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ticketmaster Screwed Me Over!

As predicted Ticketmaster screwed me over! Not as bad this time but just look for yourself. Let me set the scene
Coldplay tickets on general sale this Friday at 9.00 am OK? The new 02 (The Point Depot) offers 02 customers the chance to buy tickets two whole days before this general sale. So I hunt down an 02 customer friend of mine and get him to register, then get him to get a password and then get him to log on at 9.00 this morning all so I can get my hands on these tickets. These tickets I am referring to is the first batch to be available in the country i.e. crazy close to the stage right? Wrong!
At nine on the dot my friend gets online and through their site and tries firstly to buy the 59odd euro tickets, their sold out! how the fuck are they sold out, its fucking 9.00 am? So the alternative he tries the 54 euro ones and it goes to the next screen. Block M row 704 and so on and another click will make my day. So I get the seating plan to check out my crazily close seats due to the first feckers online at 9.00am and the two solid days before normal feckers can even sniff them.
Seating plan as follows WTF!

Now don’t get me wrong at least I got tickets. At 9.24am all priority tickets were sold out. I have to question the word priority. Form dictionary.com:

“1. the state or quality of being earlier in time, occurrence, etc.
2. the right to precede others in order, rank, privilege, etc.; precedence.
3. the right to take precedence in obtaining certain supplies, services, facilities, etc., esp. during a shortage.
4. something given special attention.
–adjective 5. highest or higher in importance, rank, privilege, etc.: a priority task. “

Now Ticketmaster did you see that the fucking right to precede others in order and privilege !therefore not fucking nosebleed seats up the shitty back I deserve up the front tickets!
Now if all 13,00 tickets were sold this morning at 9.25am ill say fine but id say that isn’t the case!
The priority tickets system needs a new name how about “Buy Early Sit in the Shit Seats”
Special Priority My Hole!

Sorry for the rant and I haven’t even mentioned the pricks add on charges and crazy prices they seem to get away with. Daylight robbery!
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE


After finally finding a way to contact this crowd their response is to check the T&C of the priorty



Note point no.8 : O2's priority ticket offer does not guarantee access to the best seats. O2 is allocated a broad range of seats for each event and when booking tickets customers will have the option to choose where to sit from the range of seats available as part of the priority ticket offer.



At the end of the day I was under the illusion that priorty was a good thing. At least you learn something new every day and I shall now wait to watch coldplay from my priority oval at the back of the 02 in december,
cheers ticketmaster you guys Rock!

2 comments:

Reena said...

Unfortunately this happens everywhere. I come from the Canaries and we don´t have Ticketmaster. All tickets are sold by a bank that also gives free tickets to their "best" customers so you can imagine what happens when a well-known artist goes there...

Anyway, you'll be close enough to enjoy the show. Looking forward to read your review!!

tuxedo los angeles said...

What happened dude? im looking forward for your review...