Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Festival Conundrum Update : Oxegen



Festival Conundrum Continues yet again......

Name : Oxegen

Where : Punchestown Race course, Co. Kildare, Ireland!

When : July 11 to 13

Headliners : The Verve, REM and Rage Against The Machine

Announced so far:
Editors, Newton Faulkner, Kate Nash, The Zutons, The Hoosiers, Scouting for Girls, Richard Hawley, Roisin Murphy, Battles, Pendulum, Lightspeed Champion and Bowling For Soup, Kings of Leon, R.E.M., The Verve, Rage Against The Machine, Kaiser Chiefs, The Prodigy, The Fratellis, Interpol, Chemical Brothers, Counting Crows, Stereophonics, The Raconteurs, Ian Brown, Hot Chip, Justice, Panic At The Disco, The Feeling, Aphex Twin, Band Of Horses, Seasick Steve, The Courteeners, Future Kings Of Spain, Alabama 3, DJ Koze, Kaz James an


When are the tickets on sale : This Friday (7th)

The Low Down :
The Oxegen festival is one festival that is dear to my heart. I have been through the highs and lows of this very festival for five years now and each year it gets harder to face the madness. This year I truly believe I won’t attend (Maybe last minute). A one day pass is very likely on the cards. After last years horrible camping muck experience I shall never camp again. When I left my tent in that muddy field last year I vowed I wouldn’t return. The music has never let me down and that is the sole reason I kept returning. Last year was a superb line- up and this year has not let the average music fan down. The Line- up as I already said is very similar to T in the park
The security at the festival is horrible hence the crap camping experience but if you’re willing to bear the muck, sleepless nights, hungoverness, crap food, you will have one hell of a time. Tickets are on sale this Friday but as I said before tickets will be available for any festival on e-bay near the date, so don’t worry about the sell out.



For more in the festival conundrum series check out my review of T- in the park here
http://indielimerick.blogspot.com/2008/02/festival-conundrum-update-t-in-park.html

About Festival Conundrum here :
http://indielimerick.blogspot.com/2008/02/festival-conundrum.html


AGAIN KEEP AN EYE HERE, AS I WILL BE GIG & FESTIVAL REVIEWING REGULARLY

No comments: